Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The One when Dave and I played hookie!

I took Friday off of work; thank you for subbing Jenna, and we headed to Newport for the weekend. We stayed at Newport Channel across from PCH. As soon as we settled into our room, we rented some bikes and rode to downtown Newport. It was so fun! Beach cruisers are surprisingly easy to ride!
Of course I can't go anywhere without "The Face."


I asked him to act cool... hmmmm. Goofy is more like it!



The first male doing "The Face" in the history of "The Face!" He needs some work.

So we rode our bikes for quite a while and got thirsty. We didn't have locks so we didn't have many places to choose from to stop. We see a liquor store along the main road that had some tables and chairs out front; no biggie. Let's go get a drink there!
Dave goes in to buy himself a beer and me a Smirnoff Ice. He comes out with "something" in his hand but didn't show me right away. He tells me that they don't sell Smirnoff Ice individually unless you buy it like this... and he holds up a Forty Ouncer of Smirnoff Ice in a paper bag.
I sat in the front of a liquor store with my husband chugging a forty ouncer of Smirnoff Ice concealed by a paper bag and I had a blast!









2 comments: